Even the Dos Equis Man does not have job security with his amazing track record of success.
Heineken, parent company of Dos Equis beer, has announced that it is retiring the Dos Equis Man, aka “The Most Interesting Man in the World,” advertising campaign.
Here is the crazy thing….Heineken says they nearly tripled their business over the past 9 years since they started running “The Most Interesting Man in the World” ads.
In fact, they stated that in the past year alone they had a 10.2% increase in sales.
So even with this amazing record, the Dos Equis man is still not secure in his job and will soon be pounding the pavement looking for another gig.
Can you believe that?
Who stops running ads that grow sales?
Companies who want to target a different audience and think what is currently working will no longer work.
Dumb? Smart? Who is to say…
(Although my money is on their sales tanking within a year when Dos Equis isn’t that interesting anymore).
But, whaddya gonna do?
So RIP to the Dos Equis Man ads.
Any of this sound familiar?
Delivering above and beyond the call of duty?
Have great reviews but are unsure of your job security because of upcoming merger and acquisition activity?
Doing a great job at work…but they give the position to the other guy, because they think he understands the preferred target market better (but he doesn’t)?
Or you realize you are working for a company that seems to only know how to shoot itself in the foot instead of maintaining a good thing (that being you)?
The lesson here is no one is secure.
I spoke to someone on Monday who, after 10 years of progressive loyalty with his employer, was let go.
He started the conversation with me like this, “I thought I would retire with this company. Been kicking butt and taking names…thought I would never have to look for another job again…“
But alas, here we are…
Never assume you are all set. Always have a plan B. And a plan C. Be ready…
And it does not have to be negative: What if the job of your dreams came knocking on your door and asked for a resume…would you be ready?
If you are doing a fantabulous job, like the Dos Equis Man, you might get a tap on the shoulder to get recruited for a great gig.
Would that resume be ready? Would you be set for the interview?
Get the most cost-effective, short cut to being ready for all aspects of the search here: https://chameleonresumes.com/ghf
The key is to always stay interesting and communicate it to all who will listen.
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every post-covid resume needs in 2021 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.