Success Favors the Non-Conformist
Everyone asks for the right keywords.
It’s so boring.
NEWSFLASH: The right keywords won’t land you a job.
Even if you get the interview, if your entire strategy to land a job is focused on your resume or your LinkedIn profile being keyword optimized, without much plan beyond that, you will most likely find yourself frustrated… or with a really difficult job.
You see, when I was a recruiter, only the jobs I couldn’t fill with my network would end up in a job posting.
If I had a really great job, most often I already knew a few people who could do it.
So I would make those candidate calls and the process would start there.
I wouldn’t need to post the job, in many cases. Only the lazy recruiters depended on job postings because they didn’t have a bank of awesome candidates to choose from.
Not me. I did things differently.
So if you are only answering job postings, you are missing out on many openings that never get posted.
How can you get found before the job gets posted?
Reach out to hiring managers directly with researched, well-thought out short e-notes to land exploratory and actual job interviews.
Few people actually use this strategy.
But it works.
Success favors the non-conformist.
Want to know how to use LinkedIn to find hiring managers to land interviews and avoid job boards?
Join me for one of the two online LinkedIn Master Class sessions I am holding on Tues. 8/24/2021 or Thurs. 8/26/2021 at 1:30 p.m. ET.
You can reserve your virtual seat here: https://chamres.com/82426BL
During the training, I will show you:
**4 different search parameters you can use to find hiring managers.
**How to use LinkedIn differently than most other job seekers so you can stand out from the crowd.
**3 actions to take to increase your visibility to hiring managers so they can find you, too.
Join me on the free training and learn to stand out from your competition.
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.