Why I Don’t Care About the Unemployment Rate
When the monthly unemployment rate is announced, I receive a few emails that say things like,
“If the unemployment rate is so low, why can’t I land an interview? Thank God I’m working.”
“This number is a farce. It’s not factoring in all the people who gave up.”
“The low unemployment rate doesn’t matter because the economy only added 134,000 jobs in the same period—the lowest jobs added in a while.”
After 23 years in the careers business, I have learned people are happy and unhappy when the unemployment rate is high and people are still happy and unhappy when the unemployment rate is low.
So I have come not to care about the number.
Because I work with individuals. I don’t work with the masses.
My team and I work one-on-one with people with our coaching services, and I want to positively affect the life of one person who buys my job landing materials.
I help one person at a time. My goal is for YOU to land a job.
And I firmly believe with an outreach plan and a strong message, you can land a job!
If you are going to let the jobs number, the unemployment number or the Dow number dictate your job landing mindset, you will lose.
You need to focus on the right activities and the number of times you complete these activities.
This is the ONLY number that matters: Your activity number.
So shift your mindset to a Job Landing Mindset with my eBook:
It will be like having me in your ear keeping you focused on the right things to stay focused and motivated.
Let’s do this together!
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every post-covid resume needs in 2021 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.