Your Career & Coronavirus: Negotiating Work-From-Home Executive Jobs
One positive (if you don’t get mad at me for saying this) that can come from the coronavirus outbreak is companies are more than happy to have you work from home to help contain the potential spread.
I know many of you would LOVE to continue to work from home after this public health concern subsides.
So how can you negotiate a work-from-home role?
Here is how I advised a Fortune 100 high-level executive to successfully accomplish this in her new job recently:
- Research the organization to determine how WFH (Work-from-Home) is perceived culturally.
- Determine how prolific work from home is already used within this organization.
- Demonstrate how familiar you are with online project organization/communication apps, such as Slack, Asana, Microsoft Teams, Trello, etc, to show how you can either introduce them to your organization or assimilate quickly into what exists at the organization.
- At the offer stage, make a proposal of working from home partially for the activities that can be done from a phone or computer. Cite advantages that come from WFH.
- Offer a trial period of evaluation, 90 days, for example, to give the employer a chance to alter the arrangement if needed.
- And then once you accept the offer inclusive of your work-from-home component, work your tail off to make the work from home arrangement work out!
Working from home is one of the flexibilities that should be evaluated into an offer when comparing offers received to your current employment situation.
In fact, there are a number of critical factors to consider when deciding if the job offer is right for you.
Of course, a large part of that is salary, and making sure you can negotiate yourself into the salary range you want and deserve but…
…there are other components to weigh too.
Sometimes it’s hard to have a 10,000 ft. view of the job offer in front of you. To help you decide logically about whether a job is right for you and what areas (like WFH) you should factor in, I have created a Compensation Package Comparison Spreadsheet as part of my Salary Negotiation Bundle.
Our Compensation Package Comparison Spreadsheet gives you the opportunity to compare monetary and quality-of-life perks side-by-side so you can determine if you are TRULY getting a better deal with the new job.
Using this tool, combined with my sought after salary negotiation and maximization training video and my best selling e-Book Fat Stacks (which will show you how to position yourself for financial advantage), you will be able to create a secure financial future that aligns with your lifestyle goals.
Swipe this entire bundle now and start planning a more secure financial future now.
In times like these, this bundle becomes an important career survival tool.
Go here to purchase your Salary Negotiation Bundle today.
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every post-covid resume needs in 2021 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.