Your Career & Coronavirus: Negotiating Work-From-Home Executive Jobs
One positive (if you don’t get mad at me for saying this) that can come from the coronavirus outbreak is companies are more than happy to have you work from home to help contain the potential spread.
I know many of you would LOVE to continue to work from home after this public health concern subsides.
So how can you negotiate a work-from-home role?
Here is how I advised a Fortune 100 high-level executive to successfully accomplish this in her new job recently:
- Research the organization to determine how WFH (Work-from-Home) is perceived culturally.
- Determine how prolific work from home is already used within this organization.
- Demonstrate how familiar you are with online project organization/communication apps, such as Slack, Asana, Microsoft Teams, Trello, etc, to show how you can either introduce them to your organization or assimilate quickly into what exists at the organization.
- At the offer stage, make a proposal of working from home partially for the activities that can be done from a phone or computer. Cite advantages that come from WFH.
- Offer a trial period of evaluation, 90 days, for example, to give the employer a chance to alter the arrangement if needed.
- And then once you accept the offer inclusive of your work-from-home component, work your tail off to make the work from home arrangement work out!
Working from home is one of the flexibilities that should be evaluated into an offer when comparing offers received to your current employment situation.
In fact, there are a number of critical factors to consider when deciding if the job offer is right for you.
Of course, a large part of that is salary, and making sure you can negotiate yourself into the salary range you want and deserve but…
...there are other components to weigh too.
Sometimes it’s hard to have a 10,000 ft. view of the job offer in front of you. To help you decide logically about whether a job is right for you and what areas (like WFH) you should factor in, I have created a Compensation Package Comparison Spreadsheet as part of my Salary Negotiation Bundle.
Our Compensation Package Comparison Spreadsheet gives you the opportunity to compare monetary and quality-of-life perks side-by-side so you can determine if you are TRULY getting a better deal with the new job.
Using this tool, combined with my sought after salary negotiation and maximization training video and my best selling e-Book Fat Stacks (which will show you how to position yourself for financial advantage), you will be able to create a secure financial future that aligns with your lifestyle goals.
Swipe this entire bundle now and start planning a more secure financial future now.
In times like these, this bundle becomes an important career survival tool.
Go here to purchase your Salary Negotiation Bundle today.
Lisa Rangel - Executive Resume Writing Services
Lisa Rangel and the Chameleon Resumes team have helped over 6,000 executives and senior professionals land the 6-figure positions they deserve.
If you want to work with an elite team of former Fortune 500 recruiters, executive resume writers, and job landing experts so you can win the attention of hiring managers and land more lucrative interviews, sign up for an exploratory call so we can discuss how our 4-stage META Job Landing SystemTM can help you land your next 6-figure position.