Think of your last job search for a moment (or your current one if you’re in the market).
Everyone knows a job search is a stressful experience, marked by heart-wrenching ups, and (seemingly) world-crushing downs.
For every great, promising lead there’s often a crushing disappointment on the other side.
There’s no dancing around the fact that searching for a job is hard.
However, have you considered the fact you may be your own worst enemy, making your job search tougher than it needs to be?
Without even knowing about it, you could be throwing up resistance, and sabotaging your own job search in a way that kills your chance of success.
One of the many ways people do this is, counter-intuitively, by not bragging about their accomplishments.
And I don’t mean bragging in the classic sense of “Look at how great I am.” I mean bragging in the way that you showcase your achievements by relaying them in a way that highlights their value to your potential employer.
During interviews many candidates, seeking to appear humble, talk down their own accomplishments, and make it seem as if they’ve never did much at their past employment.
Be proud, not boastful.
This tendency for self-sabotage is one of the six job search mistakes I’m going to share solutions to on my upcoming No-Cost Webinar training, “6 Deadly Job Search Mistakes Preventing You from Landing a Job“.
My solutions will help you do this WITHOUT making you feel like you are bragging… PROMISE.
To reserve your spot for this free training, click the link below & choose the session you would like to attend:
See you there!
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.