Just when you think the resume is outdated or no longer serves a purpose, it is resurrected with new life and new purpose – assuming it ever really died in the first place.
What is the new-to-you-because-it-really-
Ensuring your resume can be read on mobile devices.
When I was a recruiter, I used to look at resumes in 2008 via email on my chunky Samsung phone (Man, I loved that phone. I miss it… such a good little chunky phone).
I first wrote about making sure your resume was mobile device ready in 2012.
Yet here we are in 2017 and I have many people tell me they never thought of it.
What difference will having your resume mobile ready make?
Let me have ChamTriber Jonathan tell you:
“I never thought looking at what my resume looked like on smaller screens, until you said it. When I followed your directions, I had a recruiter respond to one of my resume submissions to their open job and call me about setting up an interview. The recruiter specifically said it was easy to read my resume on his phone, which prompted him to call me in that moment and not wait until he got back to his office until he could look at his computer. I don’t know where the interview will go, but I am excited I got the call when I got it. I realize if he had waited to get back to his desk, I may not have received his call. Thank you!”
– Jonathan E., Senior Financial Analyst
Isn’t that what we all want? The opportunity to interview?
Think of all the resumes you email to people. If you can have even a 5% increase in interview calls from all that effort, how many more interviews will you have?
If you are sending 100 resumes, that is 5 more interviews.
Five more opportunities to promote yourself and outline how you are the best person for the job.
That’s all you want, right?
Register for my No-Cost “How to Design a Powerful Resume to Land Six-Figure Interviews and Get the Offer!“ training session and be ready: https://chameleonresumes.com/execrestraining
Learn how to format resumes to make them more readable on mobile devices so you can get your interview call quicker.
People are on the move now. They are not always at their computer.
Look like you get it and have your resume ready for hiring managers on the move.
Here is the registration link again for you to reserve your spot and to share with your colleagues: https://chameleonresumes.com/execrestraining
See you then!
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every post-covid resume needs in 2021 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.