Recruiters initially read resumes in 6-15 seconds, depending on which study you read.
In today’s YouTube video, I answer the question, “What do recruiters look at first on your resume?”
I outline the 4 initial areas recruiters look at first in that 6-15 second time period.
You may think it’s impossible to assess all of the information I outline in the video in this short of a period of time.
I was a recruiter for 13 years. I will tell you when you get good at reading resumes (after reading hundreds a day for years), you can assess if someone should get a interview call or not, or whether to keep reading the resume or not, in this short time frame.
So in this short video, you will learn:
**The most common resume mistake job seekers make that stops most recruiters from reading further and puts your resume in the “don’t call” pile.
**Why functional resume formats don’t work and why recruiters hate them.
**How recruiters determine if you are good at your job — just by reading a document.
**What recruiters are looking for in the education section of your resume.
After you watch the video, if you want to learn more about “”How to Write a Resume to Land a 6-Figure Job Interview,” join me for my next training session using this link:
See you then!
And as always, feel free to leave a comment below, as I read and reply to every comment.
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.