Reinvigorate Your Job Search: 4 Tips to a Fresh Start
Struggling with your job search? Feel like you need a fresh job search start to get things going again and generate results? Here are 4 tips that blend the old school approach of reaching out to people using today’s technology and resources to help you generate contact lists to approach. Commit to using these new tactics and reinvigorate your job search!
(1) FIND NEW COMPANIES TO TARGET: if you need help finding companies to target–outside of companies posting on job boards, here is an article that can help you find companies to target: http://learn.linkedin.com/jobseeker/page-how-to-build-target-company-list.html You may also want to use the CAVAC model to help you expand your target list.
(2) FIND CONTACTS TO APPROACH: Here is a detailed article on how to find the right contacts at those target company and their email addresses:
http://learn.linkedin.com/jobseeker/page-how-to-find-right-contacts.html The key here is to not contact HR or the recruiter first hand. Find and contact a line manager that could be a potential boss. If you are in IT, reach out to the Director of IT. If you are a Controller or Director of Finance, reach out to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Yes, you may get some push back, but just keep reaching out to different people. It is a sales process that is inherent with rejection, unfortunately. But if you can reach out to 10 people and get 2 responses, that is a great day…keep your expectations on results in check to help preserve your mental health in this process.
(3) GET YOUR CONTACTS ATTENTION: Here is an article on what to have your email subject line say when emailing these new contacts you find: https://chameleonresumes.com/2012/05/14/what-should-the-subject-line-say-for-job-search-emails/ Keep your emails short and sweet…no long manifestos or prose regurgitation of your resume…just a simple respectful request.
(4) WRITE AN ENGAGING REQUEST: Here is an article on how to write engaging, short, to-the-point cover letters for job postings and for when approaching companies where there is no job posted, and you are looking for an exploratory interview:
This is not necessarily the easiest process, but it is very doable by most people with commitment, diligence and resiliency. Believe you can do it and take small steps using the suggestions found in the resources above and I believe you will start to see more hope in your search. Reading this article is a great first step to getting help. Give yourself a pat on the back for that 🙂 Best wishes to you!
If you are interested in working with Lisa Rangel, an accomplished executive resume writer, social media profile writer and job search consultant, to achieve the social media exposure and land the interviews you want, sign up for an exploratory call now and learn about the Chameleon Resumes services that can help you land your next role.
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every post-covid resume needs in 2021 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.