Do you make these mistakes on your resume?
Being unemployed for seven months sucks. Seeing someone you love suffer hurts my heart.
My friend wasn’t getting any interviews from her resume that she was submitting to job boards.
I told her not to submit to job boards, but she didn’t listen. And she also wouldn’t let me look at her resume to give her feedback for the longest time.
Finally… after struggling for 7 months, she let me look at it. This is what I found on her resume…
<Basically, these are the 5 steps to all but guarantee staying unemployed>
(1) Use phrases like “Responsible for…” for resume bullets that sound like a lackluster job description bullet.
(2) Have a laundry list of duties and responsibilities with no description as to how well you did at each task.
(3) Still utilize a college career center resume format—even though you are now 42 years old with 20 years of work experience.
(4) Fail to tie any of your work to the job description outlining what the potential employer needs.
(5) Assume the potential employer knows what you do from your title… and offer no detail as to how well you do your job to effectively compete with other candidates for the same title.
After I gave her these suggestions and she incorporated the changes, she landed 2 interviews… through submitting the resume to a job board!
If she just asked for help 7 months earlier.
You don’t have to wait that long.
My ‘Interview-Generating Resume Templates’ eBook contains three unique resume templates catered to what hiring managers and recruiters are looking for in today’s market, and focuses on highlighting your achievements with an eye-catching, contemporary layout.
When you use these interview-generating templates you will:
(1) No longer waste hours of frustration trying to determine which template you should use (when you have three proven options to chose from, you can simply pick whichever one you like most).
(2) Remove the angst of wrestling with resume bullets (these three templates include our ChamRes formula for writing resume bullets quickly, easily, and without frustration.
(3) Perhaps most importantly: each template is easy on the eyes, and easy to read. Between being easy to read, and our simple solution for writing bullets you’re practically guaranteed more interview calls.
You can grab your copy here:
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every post-covid resume needs in 2021 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.