Thursday, 9/28 was my 23rd wedding anniversary, and my hubby and I went out to a local comedy show and dinner to celebrate.
The headliner of the evening was a comic named Joe Conti.
Salt-of-the-earth Jersey guy with the funny but somewhat typical poke-fun-of-Jersey-but-love-Jersey humor.
Joe started to joke about NJ drivers.
He said, “New Jersey drivers are the best in the world. We drive in one of the most compact people per square foot locations. But the main reason why we are such good drivers is we are aggressive and defensive at the same time.”
He went on to describe how we are pissed off when anyone cuts us off and goes slower than we do, but in the same breathe we are yelling at the guy behind us for riding too close to the bumper and being “up my a**”.
Funny… An old comedy line in NJ, but it’s true and it still makes me laugh.
We are aggressive AND defensive.
I think that’s why I have an awesome job search consulting company.
I teach clients to be aggressive (proactively promote yourself) and defensive (always be ready for what the world throws your way).
Sometimes you have to plan and execute to go after a promotion.
Sometimes you have to react to getting an unexpected layoff – to land what you equally had (or better) in a short period of time.
Aggressive and defensive.
Manage your executive career like the best drivers in the world… According to Joe.
Be aggressive and defensive with our Get Hired Fast Success Package ($297):
What will you get?
- Learn how to format your resume and write your achievements to stay ahead of the competitive traffic.
- Know how to create a target list to reach out to companies, and know what to say to develop job leads when the threat of a layoff is “up your a**” and you need to be ready.
- Understand how to promote your wins to your boss for a raise and during a positive performance review to proactively position yourself for your next promotion.
All for $297. Here it is: https://chameleonresumes.com/ghf
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every post-covid resume needs in 2021 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.