A good friend of mine posted on Facebook over the weekend, she had perfect hooded sweatshirt weather at the beach. Truly one of my favorite times during the year.
Picturing this tranquil beach sparsely populated by hooded beachgoers due to the chill in the air, somehow led me to think of email inboxes. It made me think of the fact that successful job seekers go where the herd does not go. (Really. It did. I know I need to get out more…but that is another post on a much different type of blog.)
Think about it:
-Would you want your resume to be 1 of 50 resumes in an inbox or 1 in 2000 resumes captured by a resume database that still needs to have a search done to hopefully pull up your resume? Clearly no guarantees either way, but the odds of the former are clearly preferred.
– Would it be nice to have your resume in the proverbial hooded sweatshirt in an uncrowded, sandy inbox? Or amongst the herd of summer sun worshippers who fight for parking spots and choice opportunities by going to the job boardwalk at the same time?
Savvy job seekers avoid the herd, get positive results and experience qualitative interactions. They reach out to hiring managers directly. They network with employees at target firms one-on-one. They engage their personal and social media connections in a give and receive manner.
If you read my previous blog post, you learned the top 3 sources used by corporate recruiters are (1) Personal Networks, (2) Social Media Networks and (3) Employee Referrals. Job seekers with results get their resume into venues that attract smaller populations to increase the chances of getting noticed and receiving that coveted call for the interview.
Be the person on the beach in the fall with the warm sweatshirt relishing in the crisp, salty air. It is a more serene, personalized and civilized approach to enjoying the beach. It is these ways of enjoying life differently, as with employing a variety of non-mainstream job search tactics, which can add dimension to life’s pleasures and improve results of your search.
Written by Lisa Rangel, Executive Resume Writer
If you are interested in working with Lisa Rangel, an accomplished executive resume writer, social media profile writer and job search consultant, to achieve the social media exposure and land the interviews you want, sign up for an exploratory call now and learn about the Chameleon Resumes services that can help you land your next role.
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every post-covid resume needs in 2021 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.