Is Your High-Quality Experience Landing Low-Quality Interviews?
If so, then you might be suffering from imposter syndrome…
There’s a little known secret amongst high-achievers.
In many cases this dirty little secret is THE reason why high-achievers with years of experience land low-quality interviews and struggle to get jobs (even with their lengthy track record of proven successes).
Imposter Syndrome is an all-too-real psychological phenomenon that reflects the belief that you’re inadequate, incapable, and incompetent (even if your resume is lined with accolades and accomplishments that say otherwise… Imposter Syndrome often leads people to believe their accomplishments are a product of luck rather than their own ability).
Imposter Syndrome is a dangerous, tangled web of self-sabotage that can take many forms.
Valerie Young is a published author and expert on the subject, in her book The Secret Thoughts of Successful Women: Why Capable People Suffer From the Imposter Syndrome and How to Thrive in Spite of It.
In her book she dives into decades of research spent studying the fraudulent feelings high-achievers so often succumb to, and narrowed them down to five “types.”
The Perfectionist – This is an obvious one. Perfectionists are prone to setting excessively high goals for themselves… Then when they fail to reach their goal they’re flooded with self-doubt, lose their confidence, and are constantly stressing over whether or not they measure up their peers.
The Superwoman/Man – Superwomen/
The Natural Genius – Natural geniuses tend to judge their success based on their abilities rather than their efforts—they have a disconnected belief that if they have to work hard at or for something, they must be “bad” at it.
The Rugged Individualist – Individualists tend to feel that asking for help will reveal their phoniness to their peers.
The Expert – You may feel like you tricked your employer into hiring you or harbor a deep fear of being exposed as inexperienced or unknowledgeable.
If you found yourself resonating with any of the above it’s okay.
Imposter Syndrome is extremely common. And thankfully, it’s curable.
If you’ve got years of experience and your work history is dotted with accomplishments that are yours (not simply Lady Luck), our Imposter Syndrome cure is our Interview-Generating Resume Package.
No more will your imposter syndrome affect your resume, preventing you from booking interviews, and put an end to your job search sooner rather than later.
Stop believing you’re a phony, and start landing interviews by grabbing the Interview-Generating Resume Package today.
Here’s the link:
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every post-covid resume needs in 2021 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.