Whatever your reason for embarking on your upcoming transition, whether it be a layoff, economic incentive, professional frustration, divorce, empty nest syndrome or you simply have a great business idea to put to market, realize that you are in an exciting position! Yes, you are.
This can be the beginning of what will become your Great Story. I can imagine that you may feel petrified about starting this process and overwhelmed about where or how to start. Don’t worry. It is this uncertainty that holds all the promise and possibility that lies before you. Embrace it and don’t fight it. Don’t believe me? Need proof?
Throughout history, there are many stories of people who turned things around for themselves by tapping the resources around them. Individuals whose professional careers had been humbled by adversity, sidelined by family obligations or stalled by stagnation. But the spark of inspiration for these job seekers came from places they never expected:
- Conversations held over coffee with a new or long-time friend that fosters new directions and ideas for you to pursue
- Reading a book suggested by a trusted advisor about a topic you hold dear
- Attending an inspirational seminar discussing a new skill set you need to learn
- Encouragement from a colleague to attend a networking group, industry conference or alumni get-together
They have achieved success despite the adversity experienced and triumphed through transition. How? What sets these people apart? They took an action without knowing where it would go. Period. They did not have all of the answers before they started. However, they took action anyway. They evaluated the results of that action and then they took another action. Sometimes the overall direction was not clear nor its global purpose completely obvious. But they kept taking action and recalibrating their next efforts based on the previous action’s results. They did not set out with a rigid vision of what the final result should look like nor did they have a fixed mindset of which path needed to be taken to get there.
What does this mean for you? The key here is for you to take an action—stop thinking and take action. Do not think you have to have all of the answers or analyze every option before you start. Don’t make the assumption that the action you take has to be a huge step either. Start with a small step. Make a phone call. Send the email. Attend the meeting. Write a thank you card. Promote yourself. The direction of the next action will became apparent when you need it. Just take a step now. Action will beget action. Success will breed success. Congratulations! You have started the beginning to your Great Story today.
Written by Lisa Rangel, Executive Resume Writer
If you are interested in working with Lisa Rangel, an accomplished executive resume writer, social media profile writer and job search consultant, to achieve the social media exposure and land the interviews you want, sign up for an exploratory call now and learn about the Chameleon Resumes services that can help you land your next role.
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every post-covid resume needs in 2021 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.