Job seekers can no longer ignore their online presence, according to the 2012 Jobvite Social Recruiting Survey. Job seekers who are not present online, do so at their own peril. Those who are not on LinkedIn are virtually invisible to employers. Hiring managers and third party recruiters are enamored with the easy access to talent afford to them by social networks. Social networking is simply preferred by recruiters and employers as a tool to acquire talent. If you don’t believe these statements just look at results of the newly released 2012 Jobvite Social Recruiting Survey.
- 92% of companies will recruit in social networks this year. (Up from 89% in 2011)
- 43% of recruiters who use social recruiting saw an increase in candidate quality this year.
- 73% of companies have successfully hired a candidate through social media.
In addition, LinkedIn has become nearly universal with 93% of companies using the site for recruiting and… 66% of companies surveyed use Facebook and 54% of companies use Twitter; with both sites showing increasing usage for recruiting purposes over the past two years.
And the hiring statistics are impressive as well. 89% of companies have made a hire through LinkedIn, followed by Facebook at 26% and Twitter at 15%.
And, did you know that 86% of recruiters are likely to review your LinkedIn profile before deciding to contact you? This is my logic for having a LinkedIn profile be resume-like in nature, even though some of my resume writing brethren think otherwise.
Social networking is not going away. In today’s job market you must have an online presence to attract the attention of employers. Period—end of story. Are you looking good online today? If not, sign up for a call with me today.
Written by Lisa Rangel, Executive Resume Writer
If you are interested in working with Lisa Rangel, an accomplished executive resume writer, social media profile writer and job search consultant, to achieve the social media exposure and land the interviews you want, sign up for an exploratory call now and learn about the Chameleon Resumes services that can help you land your next role.
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.