3 LinkedIn Hacks to Build Clout Within Your Company
As an executive you have a lot of responsibilities within your company. Responsibilities, which if carried out properly, can help you build a lot of influence or power within an organization.
Fortunately LinkedIn has become a sort of one-stop-shop tool for executing many responsibilities an executive may face, from hiring the best talent to finding new vendors. Use these LinkedIn hacks to leverage LinkedIn and build clout within your organization.
1. Use LinkedIn to Find and Hire the Best Talent.
LinkedIn is a goldmine of great talent. What used to take executives hours of trying to find the right candidates for a job can now be done quickly, easily and effectively.
First and foremost, by this point almost every professional has a LinkedIn profile regardless of whether they are looking for a job or not. To give you an idea, LinkedIn currently has over 400 million registered members in over 200 countries & territories. Second, newly enhanced LinkedIn features, such as introduction features and “Who do you know” perks make it easy for you to find the candidates you need quickly.
Since LinkedIn is already known for helping users manager their pool of upwardly mobile and savvy talent connections, you can become known within the organization as the go-to person for knowing and finding the best people.
LinkedIn is also the preferred method progressive companies use to hire the best talent. In other words, using LinkedIn will show your organization that you’re forward thinking, an attribute all execs should embody.
2. Market your company to customers and candidates.
LinkedIn isn’t just for people looking for jobs or recruiters trying to find candidates. It’s also a great way to market your company to others – whether you’re looking for candidates or customers. In fact, recent research suggests that people are 50% more likely to purchase from a company when they engage with them on LinkedIn.
One technique you can use is to build up a Company Page. You can share company news, updates, and relevant content. It’s the same concept as having an individual page, except now you can like and share content as a company.
You can also use LinkedIn Groups to show your company’s expertise in a multitude of ways including, answering questions, getting leads and posting relevant content.
3. Use LinkedIn’s Advanced Search feature to build leads of all kinds.
LinkedIn is also a great resource for leads of all kinds including customers, vendors, consultants, and suppliers. With the advanced search function you can conduct extremely targeted searches to find exactly who you need.
For instance, let’s say the company is looking to expand their mobile and tech presence by developing an app for their product or service and they don’t have an in-house software developer. LinkedIn’s advanced search function would allow you to find and compare developers the company would be able to use.
The same concept can be applied to anything you can think of. Did one of your vendors just disappear? Find a new one on LinkedIn. Need to rev up some sales? LinkedIn can help with that too.
To access this feature first click on the left hand side of the search box and select “People.” The “Advanced” option should show up on the right of the box. Click on it and LinkedIn will take you to a clean page where you can input the information you’re looking for.
When leveraged for its full power, LinkedIn can help you build your influence within a company. By using some of these LinkedIn techniques for advancing executives, you’ll be well on your way to building clout within your organization and better able to handle your executive duties.
If you’re interested learning more LinkedIn hacks and the comprehensive steps on how to use LinkedIn to double, or even triple, your job leads then be sure to register for our No-Cost “How to Create Your LinkedIn Profile to Generate 6-Figure Job Interviews Faster” master class online training.
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every post-covid resume needs in 2021 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.