Performance Appraisal Time? Update Your Resume at the Same Time
Performance Appraisal. Performance Review. Employee Performance Evaluation. Self-Assessment. It goes by many names, but that time of year to evaluate your performance has arrived. There are arguments made from two camps that justify and nullify the purpose of doing performance reviews, but I say there are two main purposes to capitalize on this corporate event:
(1) Turn the opportunity into an event that can help increase your salary.
(2) Use the information to update your resume with your recent achievements and title changes
I say make the most of it and multi-task. Here are the items you want to include in your resume update:
• Job promotions or transfers that result in a title change.
• New accomplishments that will demonstrate your value to the firm. Revenue production, sales increases, cost savings, labor efficiencies, streamlined operational issues, and improved profitability, for example.
• Initiatives that you led, contributed to or advised. Outline the results of these initiatives being managed by you.
• Relationships that have been created, nurtured or saved as a result of your efforts. Describe new clients landed, existing accounts expanded or troubled accounts revived. Consider outlining realigned vendor relationships and third party partnerships that contributed to top or bottom lines.
• Awards or recognition received.
• New professional associations joined, contributed to or selected to speak/lead.
• Major project wins that are of interest to management.
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.