You Are Not Too Old to Land a Job
“I’m 54. Isn’t age going to hinder my job search?”
Change the age to 57, 63, 45, or 52… or any other number over 40… and this is a variation of a question I get asked every week, several times per week, from concerned experienced job seekers.
And my answer is typically some job search variation of the Henry Ford ‘if you can/can’t’ quote. My version is “if you think age will be an issue in your search, you’re right. And of you think it won’t be an issue, you’re right.”
I can tell you this: you are not too old to land a job.
Does this mean Ageism isn’t real? No, of course it’s real. But so is the risk of dying from a car accident, yet you get into a car every day.
So moving on…
The fear of age being an issue in your search BEFORE you have started your job search just tells me that you don’t have direction.
And because you don’t have direction, you might be fearful since you don’t know what you want to do.
Since you don’t know what to do, you panic.
You may panic outwardly or inwardly… but make no mistake, you panic when you don’t know what to do.
Some start the search without direction anyway.
While taking action despite your lack of direction is noble, taking action without a goal or direction can lead to frustration fast.
So I am here to give your search some direction.
Attend my upcoming “How to Design a Powerful Resume to Land Interviews and Get the Offer!“ online Master Class on Tues. 9/7/2021 or Thurs. 9/9/2021.
During the training, you will learn how to:
- Use achievement-oriented language that emphasizes your accomplishments instead of recycling boring resume content.
- Create an immediate visual punch with ATS-digestible graphics that makes you stand out from the pack instantly rather than regurgitating your standard bland, common and repetitive layout.
- Weave in targeted keywords into your resume content that make it easy for recruiters to identify you in their databases instead of glazing over your uninspiring, empty words.
- Produce a resume layout that makes it EASY for a hiring manager’s brain to absorb your honest assets instead of trying to hide your resume blemishes, conceal your jumpy background, or downplay your recent lack of success.
Imagine the feeling when you start landing interviews after you have the “secret sauce” behind what hiring managers and recruiters are looking for on your resume.
When you have the right direction and focus on timeless achievements, you won’t have worry about age.
Register for the session of your choice here: https://chamres.com/97921BL
Lisa Rangel – Executive Resume Writing Services
Daily Career Tips
Landing your next job doesn't have to be an overwhelming, frustrating or time-sucking task. Get daily tips on how to find the position you deserve, delivered right to your inbox:
- The #1 addition every resume needs in 2023 and beyond.
- How to get prepared for a job change even if you like the job you have.
- How to handle a chaotic job market and where to focus your job-seeking efforts (hint, it’s not the job boards).
- Where to find great jobs without submitting 500 meaningless job applications.
- How to slice through the Applicant Tracking System B.S. and land a 6- figure role you love.
- How to track down the “unpublished job market” and have your pick of the best jobs out there.
- How to write a resume that will hit hiring managers right between the eyes and have them scrambling to book your interview.
- How to get up to speed with your online branding and write a LinkedIn profile that positions you as the #1 expert in your field.
- How to approach job seeking with the “human touch” so you can keep the bots at bay.
- And finally, access to our 4-stage META Job Landing system we’ve used with thousands of job seekers just like you.
Lisa Rangel and The Chameleon Team are the only executive resume writing, LinkedIn profile development, and job landing consultancy who has been hired by LinkedIn and recognized by Forbes. Our 4-Stage META Job Landing System stems from decades of corporate and executive recruiting experience to position you to land your next 6-figure role faster.